Encompasses bridge engineering, commercial and industrial building structures, water-retaining structures, chimneys and silos. Our skills and experience range from the design of new infrastructure to condition assessment of existing infrastructure, repair, rehabilitation design and strengthening of existing structures.
Specialist expertise includes incrementally launched bridge construction and jointless post-tensioned ground slabs.
Areas of expertise:
- Bridge design
- Bridge rehabilitation
- Commercial buildings
- Industrial buildings
- Water-retaining structures
- Heavy engineering structures
- Jointless post-tensioned floor slabs
Projects successfully completed:
- Design of most of the non-power island infrastructure at Medupi and Kusile power stations
- Sunderland Ridge sewer-purification works
- Design of Gautrain bridge substructures from the Johannesburg International Airport to Midrand
- Design of the support structure of two bridges on the N2 in the Transkei area, one with a span of 560m and the other a series of 280m spans
- Design of a retail centre for the Tshwane Fresh Produce Market